Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Resignation

Dear Darshil,

Finally the time has come when I will have to officially leave AIESEC. 
Currently I am unable to express the feeling of leaving AIESEC as I still miss the days. But I have taken this decision to now resign from AIESEC.

I would like to now resign from the position of Vice President of Corporate Relations for AIESEC Ahmedabad in 2009.

Probably AIESEC has given me all that I can ask for. It has given me a new way to live life.The friends and EB members who will not think twice to reach at home in middle of night to wish me birthday. New loving and caring friends, people who look upto you at the harsh times. Probably a peek into the how real world is.

I wanted to share 4 stories that describe my experience and AIESEC.

Story 1:

I first applied for membership in Feb 08, but was not able to pass the interview. But I made a decision in august and came back strongly and more prepared for the interview and got through. That was the first lesson may be AIESEC taught me 

Lesson 1 : "You don`t get many things in the first attempt and we require constant effort to obtain the same"  and it also reflected the inner vishal, the one with extremism and  who is full of ego when someone says no to him.




EB story:

I would like to admit that the decision to apply for EB was taken 4 hours before the deadline. I might be the weakest candidate, but that probably made me open to learn. Went for interviews fully prepared, citing the failure first time in Feb 08, didn`t wanted to repeat the same. 
Luckily I got selected but that was  just the starting of the change in me, learned many things in the process, it not only changed my habit but it totally changed me and you see a different vishal, I would like to admit that this vishal never existed and might not have changed had I  never taken the decision to go for a role which was totally opposite the personality of mine. EB became my second family, I can open up with you guys.

Lesson 2: to move ahead in life one has to be open to learn and one person can`t do everything




The TN team:

This was the one angle which brought a new dimension to my experience. I was doubtful whether I will be able to lead such a diverse team, not only we have seen a member more than 1 in TN and now we had to have deal with 12 new members. I completely devoted myself for them. Continuous phone calls, office and new companies and unlimited queries on why this and why not this, meetings in morning at 2 AM, random pings on Gtalk.

At the end it was happy to see they also giving you respect and enjoying your company rather than treating you as a senior or the one with bossy image. 

Lesson: when you are making a team the leader has to lead by example and lead from front.


The Award and Natcong:


I took the decision to leave the TN work and join prakash early for the Conference, I think it helped and it also helped him as it eased the pressure, though he is a totally different personality from me, but it was a kind of experience. But our goal was common, which was more important. I miss the time when we never used to get the sleep and sitting the long hours in lobby of the hotel doing the planning

The award was one thing which really marks effort RDX  have put in to deliver the event. And it has created a new benchmark. 





Life after AIESEC:

Experience really counts, probably AIESEC experience separates me from others, and now my friends have started to realize the same when they see a totally different vishal.
AIESEC also dominated my campus interviews and both the offers I got , AIESEC has played a major role in it.



Lesson Overall : I found myself more powerful than I used to think of myself.


I would like to say 

thanks to Gaurav for giving me a chance and letting me discover myself,
thanks to Prakash, for being different than me, so I can learn more
Thanks to Jayneel - for being there as co VP
thanks to Sunny - we shared a mutual bonding since NLDS 08, but he became a victim of wrong timing
thanks to bhuvan - for all the random discussions and fun we had on other EB members.
thanks to darshil -  you were always the victim of the pranks we used to play

thanks to Aayu and mauli for your understanding nature.


Thanks to all the trainees  who got matched by me, mihaela, anna, vasek, eva, jose, hector, vlad , justyna and others. Also to the partners.





These are the 4 stories I wanted to share, I wish you all,  the things that you all keep the desire of.

Darshil - please also take this as a request for application for AIESEC alumni of Ahmedabad. For any issue relating to my term please feel free to contact me.


Warm Regards

Vishal Rewari

No comments:

Post a Comment